[Numpy-discussion] Contribution

Gael Varoquaux gael.varoquaux at normalesup.org
Sat May 28 05:15:37 EDT 2011

I Dmitriy,

Welcome.

This is a great initiative. You'll learn by doing, and I am willing to
bet that contributing examples can make you a good programmer.

On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 09:47:24PM +0400, Dmitriy Rybalkin wrote:
> I thought I could contribute to the Numpy project by
> showing some examples of simple classification techniques (Fisher
> discriminant function, Naive Bayes) which use numpy functions. So,
> I'am inquiring about such contribution and some details: can I do that
> and, if yes, then how can I submit such example or should I only
> modify the Wiki page and request the permission?

It might be interesting to stress on the corresponding wiki pages that
these methods are available in readily coded package, such as the
scikits.learn. The reason I stress this is that code on a wiki page tends
to go unmaintained, while a great deal of quality assurance goes in the
standard software packages.

Gaël