[Numpy-discussion] Changing milestones on tickets

Pierre GM pgmdevlist at gmail.com
Tue May 31 11:09:57 EDT 2011

On May 31, 2011, at 4:25 PM, Mark Wiebe wrote:

> It's so we can see what bugs are actually fixed for 2.0 (as opposed to a prior release), and a bug that's marked 'closed' but Unscheduled simply doesn't make sense to me.

I'm sorry, I'm still failing to see the logic.
* You're not sure whether the bug has been actually fixed ? Reopen the ticket, and set it a milestone to the next release.
* When a ticket has been closed with a "fixed" resolution, that's it, it's over, regardless of whether it had been scheduled for a specific release at the time it was open. Why changing its milestone to a version that postdate it by, say, a couple of releases?
* If you need to find the bugs that have been fixed for 2.0 but not for 1.6, check the time when their ticket was closed. Everything after 05/14/2011 is a good bet...