[Numpy-discussion] wanted: decent matplotlib alternative

Benjamin Root ben.root at ou.edu
Thu Oct 13 18:15:34 EDT 2011

On Thursday, October 13, 2011, John Salvatier <jsalvati at u.washington.edu>
wrote:
> Thank you John, those are looking useful.

I have been working to improve the docs.  One of the frustrating things
about the docs is the information overload in some places and the lack of
information elsewhere.  Further, the rigidity of the docs have not been
helpful.

The docs really present itself in 2 ways: the gallery/examples and the APIs.
 The latter is geared for the devs while the former is geared for helping
users with the question "how do I make a plot look like this?".

Myself and other developers would greatly appreciate help from the community
to point out which examples are too confusing or out of date. We would also
greatly welcome all critiques, suggestions, and comments on the docs.

Of course, what would be welcomed even more are patches!

Cheers!
Ben Root