[Numpy-discussion] neighborhood iterator speed

Nadav Horesh nadavh at visionsense.com
Mon Oct 24 05:48:10 EDT 2011

* Iterator mode: Mirror. Does the mode make a huge difference?
* I can not find any reference to PyArrayNeightborhoodIter_Next2d, where can I find it?
* I think that making a copy on reset is (maybe in addition to the creation), since there is a reset for every change of the parent iterator, and after this change, the neighborhood can be determined.
* What do you think about the following idea?
    * A neighbourhood iterator generator that accepts also a buffer to copy in the neighbourhood.
    * A reset function that would refill the buffer after each parent iterator modification

  Nadav