[Numpy-discussion] NA masks in the next numpy release?

Lluís xscript at gmx.net
Tue Oct 25 11:04:31 EDT 2011

Matthew Brett writes:
> I'm afraid I find this whole thread very unpleasant.

> I have the odd impression of being back at high school.  Some of the
> big kids are pushing me around and then the other kids join in.

> It didn't have to be this way.

> Someone could have replied like this to Nathaniel:

> "Oh - yes - I'm sorry -  we actually had the discussion on the pull
> request.  Looking back, I see that we didn't flag this up on the
> mailing list and maybe we should have.  Thanks for pointing that out.
>  Maybe we could start another discussion of the API in view of the
> changes that have gone in".

> But that didn't happen.

Well, I really thought that all the interested parties would take a look at [1].

While it's true that the pull requests are not obvious if you're not using the
functionalities of the github web (or unless announced in this list), I think
that Mark's announcement was precisely directed at having a new round of
discussions after having some code to play around with and see how intuitive or
counter-intuitive the implemented concepts could be.

[1] http://old.nabble.com/NA-masks-for-NumPy-are-ready-to-test-td32291024.html

Lluis

 Tollbooth