[Numpy-discussion] numpy.sum(..., keepdims=False)

Frédéric Bastien nouiz at nouiz.org
Tue Apr 3 16:10:28 EDT 2012

Hi,

Someone told me that on this page, there was a new parameter to
numpy.sum: keepdims=False

http://docs.scipy.org/doc/numpy/reference/generated/numpy.sum.html

Currently the doc don't build correctly this page. Can someone fix this?

He gived the link to the google cache that showed it, but the google
cache was just replaced by a newer version.

I would like to add this parameter to Theano. So my question is, will
the interface change or is it stable?

The new parameter will make the output have the same number of
dimensions as the inputs. The shape will be one on the summed
dimensions gived by the axis parameter.

thanks

Frédéric