[Numpy-discussion] numpy doc for percentile function

Skipper Seabold jsseabold at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 09:53:07 EDT 2012

On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 6:10 AM, Pierre Haessig <pierre.haessig at crans.org>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for the entry point in Numpy doc for the percentile function.
> I'm assuming it should sit in routines.statistics but do not see it :
> http://docs.scipy.org/doc/numpy/reference/routines.statistics.html

I don't see it in the docs either.

> Am I missing something ? If indeed the percentile entry should be added,
> do you agree it could be added to the "Histogram" section ? (and
> "Histogram" would become "Histograms and percentiles")

IMO it should go under the extremal values header and this should be
changed to order statistics.

> Also, as Frédéric Bastien pointed out, I feel that the current doc build
> is broken (especially the links :-( )

Indeed. It does look that way. It is the same on my local build. Perhaps
this deserves a separate message. They show up here.

http://docs.scipy.org/numpy/docs/numpy-docs/reference/routines.statistics.rst/#routines-statistics

Skipper