[Numpy-discussion] Getting C-function pointers from Python to C

Dag Sverre Seljebotn d.s.seljebotn at astro.uio.no
Tue Apr 10 11:57:54 EDT 2012

That is rather unrelated, you better ask this again on the cython-users list (be warned that top-posting is strongly discouraged in that place).

Dag

Nadav Horesh <nadavh at visionsense.com> wrote:

Sorry for being slow.
There is (I think) a related question I raised on the skimage list:
I have a cython function that calls a C callback function in a loop (one call for each pixel in an image). The C function in compiled in a different shared library (a simple C library, not a python module). I would like a python script to get the address of the C function and pass it on to the cython function as the pointer for the callback function.

As I understand Travis' isue starts ones the callback address is obtained, but, is there a direct method to retrieve the address from the shared library?

Nadav.