[Numpy-discussion] A 1.6.2 release?

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 23 02:22:02 EDT 2012

On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 3:44 PM, Charles R Harris <charlesr.harris at gmail.com
> wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 5:25 AM, Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers at googlemail.com
> > wrote:
>

>> On Sat, Apr 21, 2012 at 5:16 PM, Charles R Harris <
>> charlesr.harris at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I count 280 BUG commits since 1.6.1, so we are going to need to thin
>>> those out.
>>>

>> Indeed. We can discard all commits related to NA and datetime, and then
>> we should find some balance between how important the fixes are and how
>> much risk there is that they break something. I agree with the couple of
>> backports you've done so far, but I propose to do the rest via PRs.

Charles, did you have some practical way in mind to select these commits?
We could split it up by time range or by submodules for example. I'd prefer
the latter. You would be able to do a better job of the commits touching
numpy/core than I. How about you do that one and the polynomial module, and
I do the rest?

Ralf