[Numpy-discussion] A 1.6.2 release?

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 23 13:05:38 EDT 2012

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 8:47 AM, Charles R Harris <charlesr.harris at gmail.com
> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 12:22 AM, Ralf Gommers <
> ralf.gommers at googlemail.com> wrote:
>

>> On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 3:44 PM, Charles R Harris <
>> charlesr.harris at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Charles, did you have some practical way in mind to select these commits?
>> We could split it up by time range or by submodules for example. I'd prefer
>> the latter. You would be able to do a better job of the commits touching
>> numpy/core than I. How about you do that one and the polynomial module, and
>> I do the rest?
>>

> I'll give it a shot. I thought the first thing I would try is a search on
> tickets. We'll also need to track things and I haven't thought of a good
> way to do that apart from making a list and checking things off. I don't
> think there was too much polynomial fixing, mostly new stuff, but I'd like
> to use the current documentation. I don't know how you manage that for
> releases.

Nothing too fancy - I use the open tickets for the milestone at
http://projects.scipy.org/numpy/report/3, plus the checklist at
https://github.com/numpy/numpy/blob/master/doc/HOWTO_RELEASE.rst.txt and
perhaps a small todo list in my inbox. Normally we only do bugfix releases
for specific reasons, so besides those I just scan through the list of
commits and pick only some relevant ones of which I'm sure that they won't
give any problems.

The fixed items under
http://projects.scipy.org/numpy/query?status=closed&group=resolution&milestone=1.7.0
http://projects.scipy.org/numpy/query?status=closed&group=resolution&milestone=2.0.0