[Numpy-discussion] What is consensus anyway

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 00:12:38 EDT 2012

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 8:50 PM, Charles R Harris
<charlesr.harris at gmail.com> wrote:
> Turnover is a problem with open source, and no matter how much discussion
> there is, if people aren't doing the work the whole thing sort of peters
> out.

That's very true, and I hope that by building a friendly and welcoming
environment, we'll raise the chances of getting sufficient new
contributors to help with this issue.  For my talk at Euroscipy last
year [1] I made some plots collecting git statistics that show how
badly loaded most scientific python projects are on the shoulders of
very, very few.  I really hope we can find ways of spreading the load
a bit wider, and everything we can do to make projects more appealing
to new contributors is an effort worth making.

Cheers,

http://fperez.org/talks/1108_euroscipy_keynote.pdf