[Numpy-discussion] Moving away from using accelerate framework on mac os x ?

David Cournapeau cournape at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 07:04:35 EDT 2012

Hi,

During last PyCon, Olivier Grisel (from scikits-learn fame) and myself
looked into a nasty bug on mac os x: https://gist.github.com/2027412.
The short story is that I believe this means numpy cannot be used with
multiprocessing if linked against accelerate framework, and as such we
should think about giving up on accelerate, and use e.g. ATLAS on mac
for our official binaries.

Long story: we recently received a answer where the engineers mention
that using blas on each 'side' of a fork is not supported. The meat of
the email is attached below

thoughts ?

David