[Numpy-discussion] question about scipy superpack

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 14:07:35 EDT 2012

On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 6:05 PM, Thiago Franco Moraes
<totonixsame at gmail.com>wrote:

> A little off-topic, but related: Which python version do you recommend
> to install in Mac OS X 10.8? The native one? The one from python.org?
> or the one compiled via homebrew? And do you think it's better to use
> the 32 or 64 bits?

Depends on what you want to do / what packages you want to use. Perhaps
python.org + official installers (dmgs from Sourceforge), perhaps EPD /
SciPy Superpack / ....

Without knowing more, I would just advise to not use Apple Python, and to
use binary installers (10.8 is so fresh, you'll likely run into a few
issues with source installs).

Ralf