[Numpy-discussion] how to use numpy-vendor

David Cournapeau cournape at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 06:06:51 EDT 2012

Hi Ondrej,

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 5:34 AM, Ondřej Čertík <ondrej.certik at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How should one use the "vendor" repository (https://github.com/numpy/vendor)
> in Wine? Should I put the binaries into .wine/drive_c/Python25/libs/,
> or somewhere else?
> I've search all mailinglists and I didn't find any information on it.
> I vaguely remember
> that somebody mentioned it somewhere, but I am not able to find it.
> Once I understand it,
> I'll send a PR updating the README.

There is no information on vendor: that's a repo I set up to avoid
polluting the main repo with all the binary stuff that used to be in
SVN. The principle is to put binaries used to *build* numpy, but we
don't put anything there for end-users.

What binaries do you need to put there ? Numpy binaries are usually
put on sourceforge (although I would be more than happy to have a
suggestion for a better way because uploading on sourceforge is the
very definition of pain).

David