[Numpy-discussion] 64bit infrastructure

Travis Oliphant travis at continuum.io
Fri Aug 17 17:44:21 EDT 2012

Donations to NumFOCUS would be helpful in raising money to fund the creation of 64-bit installers.    It always comes down to funding, but mostly people's time is the scarce resource here.

It is more difficult to build 64-bit binaries on Windows which is the real issue (not the availability of 64-bit Windows machines -- although the right person having access to those machines can be a problem).

NumFOCUS would gladly donate long-running EC2 instances running Windows 64-bit windows if there are people who just need access to a machine.

-Travis