[Numpy-discussion] ANN: NumPy 1.7.0b1 release

Sandro Tosi morph at debian.org
Fri Aug 31 09:18:44 EDT 2012

Hello,

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 6:24 PM, Ondřej Čertík <ondrej.certik at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm pleased to announce the availability of the first beta release of
> NumPy 1.7.0b1.

I've just uploaded it to Debian experimental, so we can give it a run
while in freeze. Some of the buildds are already building[1] the
package, so we should get results asap (either failures or successes).

[1] https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=python-numpy&suite=experimental

If tests fail, it won't stop the build, and indeed I got at least 2
errors (actually 1 error and 1 crash), when running tests for python
2.7 and 3.2 with debug enabled:

2.7 dbg

ERROR: test_power_zero (test_umath.TestPower)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/tmp/buildd/python-numpy-1.7.0~b1/debian/tmp/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/numpy/core/tests/test_umath.py",
line 139, in test_power_zero
    assert_complex_equal(np.power(zero, 0+1j), cnan)
RuntimeWarning: invalid value encountered in power

3.2 dbg

python3.2-dbg: numpy/core/src/multiarray/common.c:161:
PyArray_DTypeFromObjectHelper: Assertion
`((((((PyObject*)(temp))->ob_type))->tp_flags & ((1L<<27))) != 0)'
failed.
Aborted

I'm reporting them here since you asked so, dunno if you want an issue
on github to track them. I'll look at the buildds logs and report
additional failures if they come up.

Cheers,