[Numpy-discussion] Temporary error accessing NumPy tickets

Ondřej Čertík ondrej.certik at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 13:08:11 EDT 2012

On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 9:35 AM, Pauli Virtanen <pav at iki.fi> wrote:
> Ondřej Čertík <ondrej.certik <at> gmail.com> writes:
>> When I access tickets, for example:
>>
>> http://projects.scipy.org/numpy/ticket/2185
>>
>> then sometimes I get:
>>
>> Trac detected an internal error:
>> OperationalError: database is locked
>>
>> For example yesterday. A refresh in about a minute fixed the problem.
>> Today it still lasts at the moment.
>
> The failures are probably partly triggered by the machine running out of memory.
> It runs services on mod_python, which apparently slowly leaks. Someone (who?)
> with root access on the machine needs to restart Apache. (Note: "apachectl
> graceful" is not enough to correct this, it needs a real restart of the process.)

I see.

> Longer term solution is to move out of mod_python (mod_wsgi likely, going to CGI
> will create other performance problems), or to transition the stuff there to a
> more beefy server.

Or move the tickets to github.

Yesterday it was very unreliable (I had to wait a long time before a
comment was posted, and about 50%
of the time it was not posted due to the database error). So I just
created a github issue for the same thing and posted
my comments there. Then I could work fast.

Ondrej