[Numpy-discussion] Proposal to drop python 2.4 support in numpy 1.8

Bradley M. Froehle brad.froehle at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 12:12:38 EST 2012

Targeting >= 2.6 would be preferable to me.  Several other packages including IPython, support only Python >= 2.6, >= 3.2.

This change would help me from accidentally writing Python syntax which is allowable in 2.6 & 2.7 (but not in 2.4 or 2.5).

Compiling a newer Python interpreter isn't very hard… probably about as difficult as installing NumPy.

-Brad