[Numpy-discussion] Migrating issues to GitHub

Jason Grout jason-sage at creativetrax.com
Sat Feb 11 16:30:22 EST 2012

On 2/11/12 3:12 PM, Eric Firing wrote:
> A third problem is that the entire style of presentation is poorly
> designed from a use standpoint, in comparison to the sourceforge tracker
> which mpl used previously.  The github tracker appears to have been
> designed by a graphics person, not a software maintainer.  The
> information density in the issue list is very low; it is impossible to
> scan a large number of issues at once; there doesn't seem to be any
> useful sorting and selection mechanism.

I agree.  Also, another thing that is really frustrating is that the
issue number does not appear in the listing.  So when you are trying to
refer to another issue, and try finding it by scanning the list, you
have to mouse over the title and extract the information mentally from
the url.

Google code issues are much, much better in these regards.

Jason