[Numpy-discussion] [IPython-dev] Discussion with Guido van Rossum and (hopefully) core python-dev on scientific Python and Python3

Aaron Meurer asmeurer at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 19:53:25 EST 2012

I'd like the ability to make "in" (i.e., __contains__) return
something other than a bool.

Also, the ability to make the x < y < z syntax would be useful.  It's
been suggested that the ability to override the boolean operators
(and, or, not) would be the way to do this (pep 335), though I'm not
100% convinced that's the way to go.

Aaron Meurer