[Numpy-discussion] Strange PyArray_FromObject() behavior

Val Kalatsky kalatsky at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 23:37:10 EST 2012

Hi Bill,

Looks like you are running a very fresh version of numpy.
Without knowing the build version and what's going on in the extension
module I can't tell you much.
The usual suspects would be:
1) Numpy bug, not too likely.
2) Incorrect use of PyArray_FromObject, you'll need to send more info.
3) Something is seriously corrupted, probably not the case, because
segfault would follow quickly.

Please provide more info.
Val

PS Is it something related to what we'll be working on (Trilinos)?