Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 17 15:46:48 EST 2012

Hi Bryan,

On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 6:02 PM, Bryan Van de Ven <bryanv at continuum.io>wrote:

> On 2/17/12 10:27 AM, David Cournapeau wrote:
> > Making the numpy C code buildable by a C++ compiler is harder than
> > removing keywords.
> Just as a data point, I took the cpp branch mark started and got numpy
> built and running with multiarray compiled using C++ (OSX llvm-g++ 4.2).

That sounds promising. So far llvm-gcc has proved to be painful. Are you by
any chance using scipy too? So far no one has managed to build the
numpy/scipy combo with the LLVM-based compilers, so if you were willing to
have a go at fixing that it would be hugely appreciated. See
http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/ticket/1500 for details.

Once that's fixed, numpy can switch to using it for releases.

Ralf