David Warde-Farley wardefar at iro.umontreal.ca
Sun Feb 19 05:44:27 EST 2012

On 2012-02-19, at 12:47 AM, Benjamin Root wrote:

> Dude, have you seen the .c files in numpy/core? They are already read-only for pretty much everybody but Mark.

I've managed to patch several of them without incident, and I do not do a lot of programming in C. It could be simpler, but it's not really a big deal to navigate once you've spent some time reading it.

I think the comments about the developer audience NumPy will attract are important. There may be lots of C++ developers out there, but the intersection of (truly competent in C++) and (likely to involve oneself in NumPy development) may well be quite small.

David