[Numpy-discussion] Quantitative Researcher (Chicago, IL)

Denise Thornton deniset at trdlnk.com
Fri Feb 24 12:10:22 EST 2012

Quantitative Researcher (Chicago, IL)

Job Description

TradeLink Securities is currently hiring a Quantitative Researcher to join
our team. We are looking for a quantitative researcher to help develop and
test investment and trading strategies.  The ideal candidate will have
experience analyzing, modeling and managing large scale real world data in
programming languages such as Python, C++, R or Matlab.

We are heavy users of python and associated scientific computing tools like
numpy, scipy, matplotlib, cython, pandas and SQL.  Familiarity with these
tools is a big plus, but we would consider a candidate with sufficient
experience in other environments.  Unlike many quantitative shops, our focus
is not on applying sophisticated mathematical models to high frequency
derivative trading, but rather on using a rigorous approach to detecting,
describing and capturing inefficiencies that can cause securities to depart
significantly from fair value.

You would join a small team of quantitative researchers, programmers,
analysts and traders.  We manage all aspects of the investment and trading
process, from idea generation and testing, production trading
implementation, and performance diagnostics and reporting.

Responsibilities

.         Develop and test trading strategies

.         Conduct research, analyze, and present discoveries

.         Work closely with other quantitative researchers, programmers,
analysts and traders

.      Optimize current trading strategies/systems and adjust parameters to
adapt to changing market conditions

.         Develop and maintain proprietary databases, reports and monitors

.      Work closely with the traders to understand business requirements,
design efficient and scalable solutions

.         Create and maintain up to date work plans, followed by
communicating status to traders

.         Perform related duties as required

Skills & Requirements

.      Master's degree, PHD or equivalent in Mathematics, Financial
Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Econometrics, Physics, Computer
Science or related advanced degree in quantitative fields preferred

.         Experience with C++, R or equivalent is a plus

.         Data modeling

.         Statistical skills

.         Interest in financial markets

.         Ability to respond rapidly

.         Strong attention to detail

.         Excellent written and verbal communication skills.

.         Ability to work in a high pressure, dynamic trading environment.

.         Ability to work independently

Please apply online at:

<http://tradelinkllc.atsondemand.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=512172.viewjobdeta
il&CID=512172&JID=413727&BUID=1960>