[Numpy-discussion] YouTrack License

Chris Ball ceball at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 15:56:33 EST 2012

Travis Oliphant <teoliphant <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I just received word that NumPy has a  license to use TeamCity and YouTrack
for NumPy development.
> YouTrack is a really nice issue tracker:   http://www.jetbrains.com/youtrack/
>

> TeamCity is a really nice Continuous Integration system:  http://
www.jetbrains.com/teamcity/

ShiningPanda's hosted Jenkins service was mentioned in a previous thread
("Issue Tracking"; http://thread.gmane.org/
gmane.comp.python.numeric.general/47965), along with the limitation that it
supports only Debian 6. I emailed ShiningPanda asking for some more information
about using the service with a bigger range of hardware/platforms, in case it
helps for comparison with TeamCity. From the ShiningPanda team (with
permission):

"
It is possible to install a Jenkins server on external hardware, run the tests
there, and bring back the results on the hosted instance of ShiningPanda. It is
very easy to do using this plugin: https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/
Build+Publisher+Plugin.

[On the external hardware you] will need to install a Jenkins server, it's not
much work. Besides Jenkins is quite self-contained so you could easily pre-
configure one and distribute it. But it will need a JVM, which could be a
problem.

It is not in Shining Panda documentation yet. [...] The current gentleman
agreement for this feature is: if you cannot build it on ShiningPanda, then you
can build it outside. It will most certainly make it to our ToS at some point.

We are adding support for Windows 7: it should be available next month. At
first it will be a free beta, then it will become a paid option: around $0.60 ~
$0.70 per hour of build.

MacOS X should follow later this year.
"

Chris