[Numpy-discussion] Download page still points to SVN

Scott Sinclair scott.sinclair.za at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 01:19:24 EST 2012

On 19 January 2012 00:44, Fernando Perez <fperez.net at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 2:18 AM, Scott Sinclair
> <scott.sinclair.za at gmail.com> wrote:
>> It's rather confusing having two websites. The "official" page at
>> http://www.scipy.org/Download points to github.
>
> The problem is that this page, which looks pretty official to just about anyone:
>
> http://numpy.scipy.org/
>
> takes you to the one at new.scipy...  So as far as traps for the
> unwary go, this one was pretty cleverly laid out ;)

It certainly is.

I think (as usual), the problem is that fixing the situation lies on
the shoulders of people who are already heavily overburdened..

There is a pull request updating the offending page at
https://github.com/scipy/scipy.org-new/pull/1 if any overburdened
types feel like merging, building and uploading the revised html.

Cheers,
Scott