[Numpy-discussion] advanced indexing bug with huge arrays?

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 04:23:22 EST 2012

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 09:19, Sturla Molden <sturla at molden.no> wrote:
> On 24.01.2012 10:16, Robert Kern wrote:
>
>> I'm sorry, what are you demonstrating there?
>
> Both npy_intp and C long are used for sizes and indexing.

Ah, yes. I think Travis added the multiiter code to cont1_array(),
which does broadcasting, so he used npy_intp as is proper (and
necessary to pass into the multiiter API). The other functions don't
do broadcasting, so he didn't touch them.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco