[Numpy-discussion] OT: MS C++ AMP library

Matthieu Brucher matthieu.brucher at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 04:24:58 EST 2012

Hi Sturla,

It has been several months now since AMP is there, I wouldn't care about it.
You also forgot about OpenAcc, the accelerator sister of OpenMP, Intel's
PBB (with TBB, IPP, ArBB that will soon make a step in Numpy's world),
OmpSS, and so many others.

I wouldn't blame MS for this, IMHO Intel does a far better job at the
moment, and we are only starting consolidation now that everyone has shown
its cards.

Cheers,

Matthieu

2012/1/26 Sturla Molden <sturla at molden.no>

> When we have nice libraries like OpenCL, OpenGL and OpenMP, I am so glad
> we have Microsoft to screw it up.
>
> Congratulations to Redmond: Another C++ API I cannot read, and a
> scientific compute library I hopefully never have to use.
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh265136(v=vs.110).aspx
>
> The annoying part is, with this crap there will never be a standard
> OpenCL DLL in Windows.
>
> Sturla Molden

Information System Engineer, Ph.D.
Blog: http://matt.eifelle.com