[Numpy-discussion] need advice on installing NumPy onto a Windows 7 with Python2.7 (32-bit)

William McLendon wcmclen at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 08:26:33 EST 2012

Yup, it's 32-bit python:
Python 2.7.2 (default, Jun 12 2011, 15:08:59) [MSC v.1500 32 bit (Intel)]
on win32

I've only got one python instance installed here :D

Here's where I got the numpy installer,
http://sourceforge.net/projects/numpy/files/NumPy/1.6.1/, as far as I can
tell this should be the right place.

Python has been installed on this system for a while and it's been rebooted
numerous times, I can't imagine that it wouldn't be there.  Matplotlib's
installer had no trouble finding Python.

Thanks!
  -William