[Numpy-discussion] Fwd: an interesting single-file, cross-platform Python deployment tool.

klo uo klonuo at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 16:11:31 EDT 2012

On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 9:26 PM, Fernando Perez wrote:
>> ANNOUNCING
>>
>>                  eGenix PyRun - One file Python Runtime
>>
>>                              Version 1.0.0
>>

>>           An easy-to-use single file relocatable Python run-time -
>>             available for Windows, Mac OS X and Unix platforms

Quote from http://www.egenix.com/products/python/PyRun/:

    Windows (x86 - 32/64-bit): eGenix PyRun does not support Windows
in the current release.

Otherwise seems like interesting for those who need/want to
demonstrate some Python approach, in non-Pythonic environment (I don't
know of such environment except default Windows).

I've heard about Portable Python, has anyone any experience with it,
or what's the difference between it and PyRun, in regards of possible
NumPy usage?