[Numpy-discussion] Buildbot status

Stéfan van der Walt stefan at sun.ac.za
Tue Jul 3 16:59:17 EDT 2012

On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 6:31 PM, Travis Oliphant <travis at continuum.io> wrote:
> Ondrej should have time to work on this full time in the coming days.

That's great; having Ondrej on this full time will help a great deal.

> NumFocus can provide some funding needed for maintaining servers, etc, but keeping build bots active requires the efforts of multiple volunteers.
> If anyone has build machines to offer, please let Ondrej know so he can coordinate getting Jenkins slaves onto them and hooking them up to the master.

I'd be glad if we could discuss it mainly on list, just to keep
everyone in the loop.

For now, I think we need to answer the two questions mentioned above:

1) What happens to the current installation on buildbot.scipy.org?
2) If we're not keeping buildbot, or if we want additional systems,
which ones should we use? Jenkins?

and then also

3) Which build slaves should we employ?  We have the current build
slaves, the nipy ones have been volunteered, and then there's the GCC
build farm mentioned by Fernando.

Ondrej, perhaps you can comment on what you had in mind?  If we have a
clear plan of action before you start off, we can all help out in
putting the pieces together.

Stéfan