[Numpy-discussion] Select-based median (in light of code freeze)

Mike Ressler mike.ressler at alum.mit.edu
Sun Jul 15 17:50:51 EDT 2012

On Sun, Jul 15, 2012 at 2:40 PM, Charles R Harris
<charlesr.harris at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was thinking of adding quickselect, but if you have made a start ... go
> for it.

This is territory where I personally am fearful to tread - I'm no
developer, but I am an awfully good alpha/beta tester! I can go back
to the archives and try to see how far people got and what it would
take to finish it.

If you have a good quickselect, I could wrap median around it and see
how it behaves. I am happy to help push things along, but frankly
would be embarrassed to have any low-level code I wrote see the light
of day. I can test and document it in exchange though.

Mike

mike.ressler at alum.mit.edu