[Numpy-discussion] Lazy imports again

Chris Barker chris.barker at noaa.gov
Tue Jul 17 13:31:54 EDT 2012

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 2:50 PM, Ralf Gommers
<ralf.gommers at googlemail.com> wrote:

>> Working lazy imports would be useful to have. Ralf is opposed to the idea

> Note that my being opposed is because the benefits are smaller than the
> cost. If there was a better reason than shaving a couple of extra ms off the
> import time or being able to more cleanly deprecate modules, then of course
> it's possible I'd change my mind.

Whether it's compelling or not is up to you, but I'd love to not have
to include a bunch of stuff I'm not using in a py2exe or py2app or ...
bundle when shipping self-contained executables.

-Chris

--

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov