[Numpy-discussion] Pull Requests I'm planning to merge

Nathaniel Smith njs at pobox.com
Tue Jul 17 19:48:53 EDT 2012

On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 9:56 PM, Travis Oliphant <travis at continuum.io> wrote:

> I would like to merge the following pull requests sometime today:
>
> * 326 -- inplace increment function

-1, for the reasons stated in the comment thread -- we shouldn't lock
ourselves into an ugly API when there's discussion going on about the
right solution, and the submitter has expressed interest in rewriting
it in a better way. Also to be clear, I'm not saying I will try to
block this functionality forever unless it's perfect or anything -- I
could probably be convinced that putting in something sub-optimal here
was the best trade-off. Really what I'm -1 on is shoving something in
without proper discussion just because the release is happening, on
the theory that we can clean up any mess later. Until your comment a
few hours ago no-one even looked at this new API except me and the
submitter...

> * 325 -- prefer gfortran on OSX and Linux
> * 192 -- meshgrid enhancements
> * 327 -- restore commas and update C-API doc a bit

Still needs a test.

> * 352 -- simplifying case for insert and adding tests (#2028)
> * 350 -- return view for subset of fields.
>
> Also, I would like to do
>
> * 356 -- with Charles's edited fix in the comments (Bug #808)

Otherwise looks fine to me.

-n