[Numpy-discussion] Segfault in mingw in test_arrayprint.TestComplexArray

David Cournapeau cournape at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 14:51:18 EDT 2012

On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 4:58 PM, Ondřej Čertík <ondrej.certik at gmail.com> wrote:

> So I have tried the MinGW-5.0.3.exe in Wine, but it tries to install
> from some wrong url and it fails to install.
> I have unpacked the tarballs by hand into "~/.wine/drive_c/MinGW":
>
> binutils-2.17.50-20070129-1.tar.gz
> w32api-3.7.tar.gz
> gcc-g77-3.4.5-20051220-1.tar.gz
> gcc-g++-3.4.5-20051220-1.tar.gz
> gcc-core-3.4.5-20051220-1.tar.gz
> mingw-runtime-3.10.tar.gz
>
> also in the same directory, I had to do:
>
> cp ../windows/system32/msvcr90.dll lib/

I think that's your problem right there. You should not need to do
that, and doing so will likely result in having multiple copies of the
DLL in your process (you can confirm with process dependency walker).
This should be avoided at all cost, as the python C API is not
designed to deal with this, and your crashes are pretty typical of
what happens in those cases.

David