[Numpy-discussion] commit rights for Nathaniel

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at googlemail.com
Sun Jun 3 14:04:37 EDT 2012

On Sun, Jun 3, 2012 at 6:43 PM, Charles R Harris
<charlesr.harris at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Numpy is approaching a time of transition. Ralf will be concentrating his
> efforts on Scipy

I'll write a separate post on that asap.

> and I will be cutting back on my work on Numpy.

I sincerely hope you don't cut back on your work too much Charles. You have
done an excellent job as "chief maintainer" over the last years.

The 1.7 release looks to be delayed and I suspect that the Continuum
> Analytics folks will become increasingly dedicated to the big data push. We
> need new people to carry things forward and I think Nathaniel can pick up
> part of the load.

Assuming he wants them, I am definitely +1 on giving Nathaniel commit
rights. His recent patches and debugging of issues were of high quality and
very helpful.

Ralf