[Numpy-discussion] NumPy release manager post

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at googlemail.com
Sun Jun 3 14:14:56 EDT 2012

Hi all,

You probably remember that I said that after numpy 1.7.0 was out I wanted
to step down as release manager for NumPy and focus more on SciPy. That was
4.5 months ago, and now that 1.7.0 keeps being postponed I'm actually
planning to not wait for it. I have found that it's not possible for me to
handle overlapping NumPy and SciPy release schedules well, therefore even
if the NA stuff is sorted out soon I don't think I could do a 1.7.0 release
within the next 6-8 weeks. A possible 1.6.3 release I could still do
without much trouble though.

Travis has already volunteered to manage the next release - thanks for that
Travis. If anyone else would like to pitch in, I'm sure that's very welcome
too. It doesn't require that you already know everything there is to know
about NumPy, just a willingness to dig in. Feel free to ask me either on-
or off-list for more details.

Cheers,
Ralf

P.S. I'll certainly not completely stop working on numpy (docs, testing,
distutils, ...)