[Numpy-discussion] Pull request: Split maskna support out of mainline into a branch

Nathaniel Smith njs at pobox.com
Sun Jun 17 17:52:55 EDT 2012

http://mail.scipy.org/pipermail/numpy-discussion/2012-May/062417.html

>> > No objection, but could you wait for this WE ? I am in the middle of
setting
>> > up a buildbot for windows for numpy (for both mingw and MSVC
compilers), and
>> > that would be a good way to test it.
>>
>> Sounds like we have consensus and the patch is good to go, so let me
>> know when you're ready...
>

> Setting up the windows builbot is even more of a pain than I expected :(
>
> In the end, I just tested your branch with MSVC for python 2.7 (32 bits),
and got the following errors related to NA:

> ERROR: test_numeric.TestIsclose.test_masked_arrays
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\nose-1.1.2-py2.7.egg\nose\case.py",
line 197, in runTest
>     self.test(*self.arg)
>   File "C:\Users\david\tmp\numpy-git\numpy\core\tests\test_numeric.py",
line 1274, in test_masked_arrays
>     assert_(type(x) == type(isclose(inf, x)))
>   File "C:\Users\david\tmp\numpy-git\numpy\core\numeric.py", line 2073,
in isclose
>     cond[~finite] = (x[~finite] == y[~finite])
>   File "C:\Users\david\tmp\numpy-git\numpy\ma\core.py", line 3579, in
__eq__
>     check = ndarray.__eq__(self.filled(0), odata).view(type(self))
> AttributeError: 'NotImplementedType' object has no attribute 'view'

> ERROR: Test a special case for var
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "C:\Users\david\tmp\numpy-git\numpy\ma\tests\test_core.py", line
2735, in test_varstd_specialcases
>     _ = method(out=nout)
>   File "C:\Users\david\tmp\numpy-git\numpy\ma\core.py", line 4778, in std
>     dvar = sqrt(dvar)
>   File "C:\Users\david\tmp\numpy-git\numpy\ma\core.py", line 849, in
__call__
>     m |= self.domain(d)
>   File "C:\Users\david\tmp\numpy-git\numpy\ma\core.py", line 801, in
__call__
>     return umath.less(x, self.critical_value)
> RuntimeWarning: invalid value encountered in less

Oh man wtf. Before I start trying to debug these with my mind, could you
confirm real quick that you don't see these with master?

-n