[Numpy-discussion] Preferring gfortran over g77 on OS X and other distributions?

Aron Ahmadia aron at ahmadia.net
Wed Jun 27 17:26:02 EDT 2012

I've promoted gfortran to be the default compiler on OS X over vendor
compilers (to be more compatible with Linux), and made a similar adjustment
for the platform detection.  I've promoted gfortran over g77 but not vendor
compilers on the other 'nixes.  I left the Windows compiler options alone.

https://github.com/numpy/numpy/pull/325