[Numpy-discussion] Meta: help, devel and stackoverflow

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 18:20:42 EDT 2012

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 3:03 PM, Matthew Brett <matthew.brett at gmail.com> wrote:
> Fernando - you told me a week or so ago that you'd come across a blog
> post or similar advocating a single list - do you remember the
> reference?

Found it after some digging:

http://www.kitware.com/blog/home/post/263

and upon rereading it, it doesn't really advocate anything specific
about mailing lists, just talking in general about a project
considering all of its constituents as a single community, rather than
two groups.

And in that view, one can even argue that a single community can still
benefit from multiple lists, much like the python developers have
agreed to have python-dev and python-ideas as a way of triaging
exploratory discussions form day-to-day work.

But that's the post I had mentioned to you: I probably read it
thinking about mailing lists as I went, which is why I think I
misquoted it somewhat to you.

Cheers,