[Numpy-discussion] (2012) Accessing LAPACK and BLAS from the numpy C API

"V. Armando Solé" sole at esrf.fr
Mon Mar 5 08:26:02 EST 2012

Hello,

In 2009 there was a thread in this mailing list concerning the access to
BLAS from C extension modules.

If I have properly understood the thread:

http://mail.scipy.org/pipermail/numpy-discussion/2009-November/046567.html

the answer by then was that those functions were not exposed (only f2py
functions).

I just wanted to know if the situation has changed since 2009 because it
is not uncommon that to optimize some operations one has to sooner or
later access BLAS functions that are already wrapped in numpy (either
from ATLAS, from the Intel MKL, ...)

Thanks for your time,

Armando