[Numpy-discussion] addition, multiplication of a polynomial and np.{float, int}

Pierre Haessig pierre.haessig at crans.org
Wed Mar 7 11:45:47 EST 2012

Hi,
Le 06/03/2012 22:19, Charles R Harris a écrit :
> Use polynomial.Polynomial and you won't have this problem.
I was not familiar with the "poly1d vs. Polynomial" choice.

Now, I found in the doc some more or less explicit guidelines in:
http://docs.scipy.org/doc/numpy/reference/routines.polynomials.html
"The polynomial package is newer and more complete than poly1d and the
convenience classes are better behaved in the numpy environment."

However, poly1d, which is nicely documented doesn't mention the
"competitor".
Going further in this transition, do you feel it would make sense adding
a "See Also" section in poly1d function ?

Best,
Pierre