[Numpy-discussion] Looking for people interested in helping with Python compiler to LLVM

Ilan Schnell ischnell at enthought.com
Tue Mar 13 16:47:10 EDT 2012

As far as I understand, the goal is not to handle arbitrary
Python code, because this would become too difficult as is
not necessary when you have a simple math oriented function
which you want to speed up.  The idea is to create something
similar to http://www.enthought.com/~ischnell/paper.html which
only handles some restricted Python code, but using LLVM
(instead of C) as the target language.

- Ilan