[Numpy-discussion] f2py and pygtk on windows

Sameer Grover sameer.grover.1 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 05:01:11 EDT 2012

On Monday 12 March 2012 12:26 AM, Christoph Gohlke wrote:

> On 3/10/2012 9:31 PM, Sameer Grover wrote:

>>> The error can be due to memory corruption. It works for me with
>>> msvc9/ifort builds of the pygtk and f2py extensions.
>>>
>>> Which DLLs does foo.pyd depend on (use DependencyWalker)?
>>>
>>> Christoph
>> The .pyd file generated by f2py depends on the following
>>
>> KERNEL32.DLL
>> MSVCRT.DLL
>> LIBGCC_S_DW2-1.DLL
>> LIBGFORTRAN-3.DLL
>> PYTHON27.DLL
>>
>> It is possible that this is a mingw32 problem. I haven't been able to
>> try using ifort/msvc.(mscv is somehow not getting installed on my
>> system, but that's a separate issue).
>>
>> Sameer
>
> Can you try linking to the msvc9 runtime DLL? E.g.
>
> f2py.py -c --fcompiler=gnu95 --compiler=mingw32 -lmsvcr90 -m foo foo.f
>
> Christoph

That gives the same error as before.

I was also trying to perform the compilation using the msvc compiler but
am getting the these errors at the final linking stage.

f2py.py -c --fcompiler=gnu95 --compiler=msvc -lmsvcr90 -m foo foo.f
->Cannot open input file 'msvcr90.lib'

f2py.py -c --fcompiler=gnu95 --compiler=msvc -m foo foo.f
->Cannot open input file 'mingw32.lib'

Where am I going wrong?

Thanks for the help.

Sameer