[Numpy-discussion] Recovering from a STOP ?

Chris Barker chris.barker at noaa.gov
Wed Mar 14 16:49:38 EDT 2012

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 9:25 AM, Pauli Virtanen <pav at iki.fi> wrote:
> Or, maybe the whole Fortran stuff can be run in a separate process, so
> that crashing doesn't matter.

That's what I was going to suggest -- even if you can get it not to
crash, it may well be in a bad state -- memory leaks, and who know
what else.

We did something similar with some C code that called the system
exit() function when it encountered errors -- it may not have been too
hard to replace those calls, but making sure the memory was all
cleaned up was going to be a trick -- so we just used the multiprocess
module to call it in another process.

HTH,

-Chris

--

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov