[Numpy-discussion] float96 on windows32 is float64?

Ilan Schnell ischnell at enthought.com
Fri Mar 16 02:10:12 EDT 2012

I just did a quick test across all supported EPD platforms:
win-64: float96 No, float128 No
win-32: float96 No, float128 No
osx-64: float96 No, float128 Yes
osx-32: float96 No, float128 Yes
rh3-64: float96 No, float128 Yes
rh3-32: float96 Yes, float128 No
rh5-64: float96 No, float128 Yes
rh5-32: float96 Yes, float128 No
sol-64: float96 No, float128 Yes
sol-32: float96 Yes, float128 No

I have no explanation for this, but I'm guessing David C. has.
I'll look more into this tomorrow.

- Ilan