[Numpy-discussion] numpy + MKL problems

Glen Jenness glenjenness at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 21:56:37 EDT 2012

None of that-this is why it has been so frustrating!

Only thing I did was remove the folders in the ./build directory in order
to get a cleaner slate, and just changed a couple libraries in site.cfg,
and got the error, and it persisted even when I went back to the libraries
I had given it when I got it to work.  So I am really confused as to what
could have caused the issue to start with.

Anyways, it seems okay now-I had to add mkl_lapack to the library list.
 Everything isn't 100% yet, but I can now work with it.

On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 8:35 PM, Francesc Alted <francesc at continuum.io>wrote:

> On Mar 16, 2012, at 8:28 PM, Glen Jenness wrote:
>
> > Fransesc,
> > I don't think that's the problem-I'm working with a version of numpy I
> had downloaded back in Dec/Jan and have not updated it since.
> >
> > However, doing a "LD_PRELOAD" seems to have fixed the problem, but now
> whenever I'm running a script I get:
> >
> >  python 2.4.3 GCC 4.1.2 20070626 (Red Hat 4.1.2-14) 64bit ELF on Linux
> x86_64 redhat 5.2 Final
> > python: symbol lookup error: /opt/intel/mkl/
> 10.0.3.020/lib/em64t/libmkl_lapack.so: undefined symbol: mkl_lapack_dgetrf
>
> So, if numpy has not changed, then something else does, right?  Have you
> upgraded MKL? GCC? Installed Intel C compiler?
>
> -- Francesc Alted

Dr. Glen Jenness
Schmidt Group
Department of Chemistry