[Numpy-discussion] Crashes and test failures

Charles R Harris charlesr.harris at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 20:24:13 EDT 2012

On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 11:24 AM, Gael Varoquaux <
gael.varoquaux at normalesup.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 11:20:10AM -0600, Charles R Harris wrote:
> > This one was fixed a few days ago, so you aren't running the latest.
>
> Indeed, but if I run the latest, any operation on arrays segfaults on me,
> so I am running 0.6.1. But you are saying that it's known and fixed.
> Great!
>
> > That might be connected to all the import errors you are seeing.
>
> In a sens that good news.

Since you are running on Ubuntu, it's probably a good idea to

python setup.py install --user

which will put everything in .local and avoid the mess with dist-packages
and site-packages. Maybe you do that already?

I didn't have any problems with Ubuntu 11.04 64 bit apart for unity, which
drove me back to Fedora. So if the problems presist I'll guess
compiler/i7/atlas problems.

Chuck