[Numpy-discussion] 1.7 blockers

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 25 12:33:49 EDT 2012

On Sat, Mar 24, 2012 at 10:13 PM, Charles R Harris <
charlesr.harris at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> There several problems with numpy master that need to be fixed before a
> release can be considered.
>
>    1. Datetime on windows with mingw.
>    2. Bus error on SPARC, ticket #2076.
>    3. NA and real/complex views of complex arrays.
>
> Number 1 has been proved to be particularly difficult, any help or
> suggestions for that would be much appreciated. The current work has been
> going in pull request 214 <https://github.com/numpy/numpy/pull/214>.
>
> This isn't to say that there aren't a ton of other things that need fixing
> or that we can skip out on the current stack of pull requests, but I think
> it is impossible to consider a release while those three problems are
> outstanding.

There's one more ticket that hasn't been looked at AFAIK and that has been
keeping the buildbots (except the Linux one) on red:
http://projects.scipy.org/numpy/ticket/1755 (floating point errors).

The other tickets have been looked at and either have PRs already or should
be fixable with not too much effort.

Ralf