[Numpy-discussion] Linking against MKL but still slow?

David Cournapeau cournape at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 10:22:37 EDT 2012

Hi Christoph,

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 10:06 AM, Christoph Dann
<ch.ro.dann at googlemail.com>wrote:

> Dear list,
>
> so far I used Enthoughts Python Distribution which contains a compiled
> version of numpy linked against MKL. Now, I want to implement my own
> extensions to numpy, so I need my build numpy on my own. So, I installed
> Intel Parallel studio including MKL and the C / Fortran compilers.

What do you mean by own extensions to NumPy ? If you mean building
extensions against the C API of NumPy, then you don't need to build your
own NumPy. Building NumPy with Intel Compilers and MKL is a non-trivial
process, so I would rather avoid it.

If you still want to build it by yourself, could you give us the full
output of your build ?

David